Activities of NSS-TU Unit since March, 2013
- NSS TU unit organised training Programme On “Motivation of Youth for Inspiring Rural Reconstruction” , on 13th March, 2014
- NSS-Tripura University Unit and Red Ribbon Club Unit, Tripura University organised one Day Awareness Programme on HIV/AIDS, funded by Tripura State AIDS Control Society, Health & Family Welfare Department, Govt. of Tripura, which was held on 25th March, 2013 at 02:00 PM at Conference Hall, Library Building (First Floor). Prof. R. Sribastav presided over the programme as a Chief Guest and Dr. T. K. Das, Project Director; State AIDS Control Society was the Guest of Honour of the programme.
- Volunteers of NSS-TU Unit participated in the Sensitisation Programme for Strengthening the Red Ribbon Club (RRC). The programme was organised by Tripura State AIDS Control Society and held on 25th June, 2013.
- Volunteers of NSS – Tripura University Unit (NSS-TU Unit) have collected an amount of Rs. 4,000/- (four thousand) from the students of Tripura University for Uttrakhand Flood Victims, and the endeavour of our Volunteers regarding the above fund collection was recognised by the state NSS Department, Govt. of Tripura as pioneer initiative under NSS banner in Tripura.
NSS-TU Unit along with Mohona, Ladies Club, Tripura University sent garments to Uttrakhand for the Flood Victims on 2nd July, 2013.
- Volunteers of NSS-TU Unit participated in the sensitisation programme for Strengthening the Red Ribbon Club (RRC). The programme was organised by Tripura State AIDS Control Society and held on 20th July, 2013.
- Our benevolent Volunteers of NSS – Tripura University Unit (NSS-TU Unit) have participated as Voluntary Blood Donors in the programme of Education (YSA) Department, Agartala which was held on 5th August, 2013. The following donors had donated blood.
- NSS-TU Unit and Red Ribbon Club (RRC), State AIDS Control Society, Tripura has signed one MoU to generate awareness on HIV/AIDS among the students.
- NSS, Tripura University Unit organised Voluntary Blood Donation Camp & Symposium on Awareness of Voluntary Body & Eye Donation & Eradication of Thalassaemia on 21st August, 2013 Sri Tapan Chakraborty, Hon’ble Health Minister, Tripura and Sri Bhanulal Saha, Hon’ble Higher Education Minister, Tripura were the Chief Guest and Inaugurator of the programme respectively. Prof. Joytish Nath, the then Dean, Arts & Commerce, Tripura University & Sri. Rajkumar Chowdhury, MLA & Chairman, OBC, Tripura were the Guests of Honour. Dr. Pradip Bhowmik, Professor, AGMC, Govt. of Tripura, and Sri Sitesh Bhattacharya, Secretary, Thalassaemia Society & organiser of Body & Eye Donation, Tripura, Dr. Debashis Maity, Associate Professor, Department of Physiology, Tripura University and Dr. Samir Shil, Associate Professor, Department of Physiology, Tripura University were the Special Guests of the Programme. The Programme was presided over by Prof. Anjan Kumar Ghosh, Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, Tripura University.
- T. Jagganath Kumar, Social Activist and Secretary, SAUNDARYA, an NGO, Bhubneshwar, Odisha visited the volunteers of NSS-TU Unit on 2nd May, 2013 and shared views on gender discrimination, ideal social leader, volunteerism, hospitality etc. He is travelling entire India with a bicycle. He was very pleased by the kindness of our volunteers. A token amount was donated to his fund.
- On request from the Tripura State AIDS Control Society, one space infront of main canteen was selected by the University to install one “Foam Sign Board” for display massage on HIV/AIDS.
- NSS volunteers are sincerely associated with a school level programme.