A. Seminars/ Conferences/Workshops :
- National Seminar on “Tribal Livelihood Promotion : Issues & Challenges” was organised on July 20-21, 2013 by CRS with the financial support from Tribal Research Institute, Govt. Of Tripura. Total 51 papers were presented by the eminent scholars from India & Bangladesh. Honb’le Tribal Welfare Minister Shri. Aghore Ch. Debbarma inaugurated the seminar.
- Data Dissemination Workshop: One Day workshop was organised by the Department with the help of the Census of India, Agartala office on dissemination of 2011 census data in March, 2011. Students, faculties from different departments of Tripura University participated in the workshop.
- State Level Seminar on Safe Drinking Water & Sanitation in Rural Areas : Centre for Rural Studies organised two-days state level seminar on Safe Drinking Water & Sanitation in Rural Areas : Present status, Problem & Prospects with the financial support from DWSSO, PW Department, Govt. of Tripura. Total 72 participants from Government Departments, NGOs and elected representatives, students and faculties from different departments from Tripura University participated in the seminar.
- State Level workshop: A two-day state level workshop was conducted by CRS on 'Development of Rural Women & Children: Challenges & Opportunities' held during 17-18 April, 2008. The programme was inaugurated by the Honb'le Minister Smt. Bijita Nath, Dept. of SW & SE, Govt. of Tripura. The workshop was a grand success. Total 16 papers were presented by eminent persons from different fields from the state. The workshop was graced by having Prof. Ishita Mukhopadhyay, Director, Women Study Centre, Calcutta University who also shared her valuable thought on 'Female Participation in Workforce and Rural Development'. The workshop was very much interesting when in last session students from various departments got a chance to present their papers and were competing for the best presentation award. The workshop was enriched by the speech of Prof. A. Saha, Former Hon'ble Vice-Chancellor, Tripura University. CRS was happy to receive Prof. Apurba Mukhopadhayay, Fellow, Netaji Institute of Development Studies, in valedictory session and request to present certificate to the paper presenters.
CRS has initiated the concept of Micro-workshop. The objective of this initiative is to facilitate the interaction between the practitioners and the students and also build a network with the other institutions/organization with the department. Several dignitaries from various Govt. departments of Govt. of Tripura, various institutions/universities within and outside Tripura and also from abroad participated and interacted with the students.
- Shri. Jitendra Choudhury, Honb’le Minister, Rural Development, Govt. of Tripura.
- Dr. A.K. Gupta, P.C.C.F., Department of Forest, Government of Tripura.
- Dr. A K Singh, Assistant Director, RCUES, Lucknow University, UP.
- Prof. N. Upadhaya, Former Director, National Institute of Rural Development, North Eastern Regional Centre.
- Dr. Ramanuja Rao, International Program Director (Livelihood Development), International Network for Bamboo and Rattan(INBAR),Beijing, China.
- Mr. Michael Kwaku, West Africa representative, Ghana, International Network for Bamboo and Rattan.
- Prof. D. Das Gupta, Former Vice Chancellor, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Kalyani, West Bengal.
- Mr. Kamesh Salam, Former President, World Bamboo Organisation, USA.
- Dr. Halai, Assistant Professor, National Institute of Rural Development, North Eastern Regional Centre, Guwahati, Assam.
- Dr. Md. Safiul Islam Afrad, Associate Professor, Department of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University,Gazipur-1706, Bangladesh.
- Prof. Amit Hazra, Director, Rural Extension Centre, Visva-Bharati University, Shantiniketan, west Bengal.
C.Extension Activities :
- Exposure Visit for MRMD students: CRS had organized one exposure visit for the students of Masters in Rural management and Development Programme under Tripura University. Total 62 students (Part-I & Part-II) along with the faculties had participated the day long programme. Students received to interact with various project peoples of Don Bosco (An active NGO in Tripura) and Sipahijola wild life sanctuary of Forest department of Govt. of Tripura. Students enjoyed the programme and received practical knowledge on different issues of Rural Development.
- Skilled training on Bamboo Based Livelihood: CRS had organized a 10 (ten) days skilled training for the 20 rural women on different bamboo based products from 23rd November to 4th December, 2009. After the training, they were provided different tools for continue their activities in future and raise their family income. A linkage with market and financial institutes were also established.
- NGO Management training: A five days training on NGO management was organized by CRS during 1-5 December, 2009. In the training programme 26 participants from different NGOs throughout the states benefited from the course. Prof. N. Upadhayay, Former Director, National Institute of Rural development (NIRD-NERC) along with other dignitaries attended as guest speaker.
- Training of Rural Development Functionaries: To fortify the Self Help Group (SHG) movement in this state, a workshop on Strengthening of Self Help Groups under Swrnajayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojna (SGSY) was held between 13-17 November 2006, at the State Institute of Public Administration and Rural Development (SIPARD). This workshop was jointly organised by R.D. Department, Govt. of Tripura, CRS, Tripura University and SIPARD. This was the first time that these three frontal institutions in the field of rural development shared the same platform to organise this workshop which was attended by 62 participants across the state comprising with Govt. Administrators, cutting age officers and elected representatives. Honb’le Chief Minister, Govt. of Tripura, Shri. Manik Sarkar; Honb’le RD Minister Shri Jitendra Choudhury; Former Vice Chancellor, Tripura University, Prof. A.K.Mukherjee graced the programme with their valuable speech.
- International Seminar and Bamboo Festival: Centre for Rural Studies (CRS), Tripura University participated in the International BAMFEST held on 16-18 December, 2016 in Tripura as one of the Management partner. The programme was organised by CBTC, Guwahati and supported by World Bamboo Organisation. About 23 bamboo experts from various countries and 62 bamboo artisans participated in the programme. Former Union Minister of Industries Shri. Jairam Ramesh and Honb’le Chief Minister, Govt. of Tripura, Shri. Manik Sarkar was present in the inaugural programme.